5/30/20 – Triple C / Cresson, TX
6/6/20 – Fouled Bore / Rush Springs, OK
8/29/20 – AMPC / Midland, TX
10/3/20 – Impact Ranch, OK
10/3/20 – Medicine Lodge, KS
REGIONAL MATCH DIRECTOR – Rick Risinger
Mission Hold a series of matches that track earned shooter points, outside of the club level of competition with-in each state. Our matches will be predominantly designed for the use of a bolt action precision rifle capable of dialing distances to 1000 yards.
Goal Attract shooters to attend more matches in neighboring states, thus driving up attendance at everyones events, while fostering shooter enjoyment, competitiveness, and the diversity of our available ranges.
All Ranges will be cold ranges, meaning no firearms may be loaded or have a magazine inserted at any time other than when the shooter is under the command of an RO and about to start a stage.
All rifles will be carried, handled, and grounded with the bolts open and pulled to the rear. MDs may require the use of chamber safety flags, if so all competitors will abide by the policy.
Negligent or accidental discharges will result in an immediate stoppage of the stage and disqualification of the match. Shooters will be warned if they sky load and may be disqualified for multiple violations.
Any competitor who repeatedly fails to keep fired projectiles on the impact berms of the targets engaged will be disqualified from the event.
All competitors will respect and honor the final decisions of the Match Director and his staff. If a staff members conduct or decisions are called into question, the MD will be called in to investigate and make the final call.
All competitors will respect the range property and abide by all range rules.
All competitors will respect each other and their gear; do not touch anyone’s gear or rifles with-out explicit permission.
Coaching while a shooter is actively shooting a stage is prohibited, ROs or shooters acting as ROs /spotters are forbidden from giving any corrections.
ROs should only use the word “IMPACT” to signify a hit.
Match Directors have final word on any disputes arising at a match.
Rain/weather delays, if the forecast is threatening severe weather a Match Director may cancel the match no later than 24 hours from the start time. A re-schedule date may be set at the same time, up to and including the following day (Sunday). Refunds will be given to those who cannot attend the reschedule date, with an effort to allow other shooters to enter if available spots open.
Bolt action or semi-auto rifles firing 30 caliber or smaller projectiles under 3200 fps will be allowed. NO MAGNUMS OF ANY KIND. If you choose to shoot .223 caliber projectiles and your hits are not called because of low impact energy, you have no valid complaint.
Supporting gear is allowed, packs, bags, bi-pods, shooting sticks, and slings can all be used as shooting aids.
The Match Director does have the ability to limit supporting equipment for individual stages, and it must clearly be spelled out in the Corse of Fire description if that is the intent.
- Do I have to be a NRL or Border War member to participate in a match? NO you do not need to be a member, however we highly suggest that you do so that we can count your scores towards your regional ranking and for you to have the opportunity to participate in our national championship. You can join HERE! Plus members receive the first opportunity to register for matches.
- Do you have to be a professional shooter to compete in these matches? NO we encourage all skill levels of shooters to participate in these matches as long as you can properly manipulate your rifle and you can demonstrate proper firearms safety.
- Do I have to have a competition style rifle for these matches? NO you do not need to have a competition style rifle to participate in these matches. These matches are designed to get new shooters involved in precision rifle competitions regardless of their equipment.
- Do you allow spectators? We highly suggest that you contact the Match Director (MD) for the event that you wish to watch as each facility has its own rules and regulations. However we do encourage spectators if the facility can accommodate it. (please note that all safety and range rules must be followed at all times)
- Are there gear restrictions? Please contact the Match Director (MD) of the match that you wish tp participate in to find out if there are any restrictions for that match.
- Do you allow semi-automatic rifles? Yes